WELCOME TO THE 2013 500 FESTIVAL SEASON
Volunteer for the 500 Festival and make memories that will last a lifetime!
The 500 Festival and all of its events and programs are a success due in large part to the efforts of more than 7,000 volunteers. You make it happen and we are very appreciative!
Please take a moment to read all information below in its entirety to ensure that your volunteer experience will be a positive one.
To volunteer, please click on the "Register Now" link on the right side of this page to begin your online volunteer registration. (If you would like to review volunteer job descriptions before registering, please review the 2013 500 Festival Volunteer Opportunities document on the right side of this page). Once you register, please be sure to complete the entire process until you see a confirmation page. An email will be sent immediately to confirm your creation of a registrant profile in the system, and then another email will be sent confirming the shifts you selected. If you do not receive these emails, contact us immediately.
Please note - simply creating a registrant profile does NOT register you for volunteer positions. You must select the specific opportunities for which you wish to volunteer, and complete the process in its entirety.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older by the day of the event for which they are volunteering; however, an exception can be made for those participating as part of an organized and supervised group such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, sporting teams, etc.
- Those volunteers younger than 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian complete our Parental Permission Form.
- Dress Code: Volunteers must wear the volunteer t-shirt that is provided to them with khaki pants, shorts or capris and comfortable tennis shoes. (Dress code may vary for specific parade volunteer roles.)
- Only those volunteering will be allowed to partake in the refreshments, snacks and t-shirts.
- Children, family, friends or pets are NOT allowed to accompany the volunteer during any of their volunteer shifts at any of our events (this includes Chase 500 Festival Kids' Day and Rookie Run!). If a child wants to volunteer, he or she must be 16 years of age or older and register. (See above)
- CODE OF CONDUCT: Treat everyone (visitors, participants and other volunteers) with courtesy. Never discriminate for age, gender, or race. Remain calm and level-headed in all situations. If problems occur, please contact a staff member, your team leader or a committee member. We are there to assist you.
- SHIFT COMPLETION: At the end of your shift, if you have not been relieved, please tell a supervisor and stay in your area until a replacement comes. If this is the final or only shift of the event, please check with your supervisor before leaving your shift.
- ATTENDANCE: We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary. When you commit, you commit to the selected shift(s) and the entire shift time. If you do not show up for more than three of your scheduled events, and do not cancel in advance, we reserve the right to remove you from future volunteer assignments and activities, including Volunteer Appreciation Day.
- SHIFT CANCELLATION: All volunteers can manage their itinerary on this website including shift additions, shift changes/cancellations, adding friends/family to shifts. Use your email address and password to login and return to your registration to make any changes.
- WEATHER: Our events are rain or shine, so please do not let rain stop you from coming – we still need you! For your comfort, dress according to the weather forecast!
- PLACEMENT: Please note, the 500 Festival reserves the right to reassign volunteer assignments based on unexpected needs or shifts in events. We will do our best to honor your first choice, but it is not guaranteed. The 500 Festival utilizes more than 7,000 volunteers for our nearly 50 events and programs; at times, schedule adjustments may be necessary. Thanks in advance for your understanding, and patience is always a must.
- SMILE AND HAVE FUN!
- Because we treat you right
- Special access to your event
- Cool T-shirt and unique collector’s pin
- An invitation to Volunteer Appreciation Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway® for those who register before 5pm on Wednesday, April 10th
- Snacks – yum!
- Camaraderie – fun!
***The information obtained on this site will only be used by the 500 Festival staff. We will not share, trade, sell or give access to your personal information to any other organization without your permission***
Thank you to our Volunteer Program Sponsors!
Registration is currently closed.